In English, we have been reading ‘The Promise’ by Nicola Davies which is a book about a girl who steals an old bag and discovers what kindness and bravery truly mean. We will then be reading ‘Arthur and the Golden Rope’ by Joe Todd-Stanton. This story will take us on an adventure inspired by Norse stories and mythology.
In maths, we have been focusing on place value, specifically focusing on value of digits up to 10,000. This will then lead to addition and subtraction, where we will be using the skills we have learned to add and subtract numbers over 1000.
Our science focuses on sound. We will be investigating how sounds are created and how they travel into our ears. We will be creating our own instruments as well as testing out tuning forks and string telephones. In the second half term, we will be focusing on the digestive system of both humans and animals.
Our curriculum work will include:
- Studying Ancient Greece. We will be learning about the daily lives of those living in Ancient Greece, the importance of religion for the Greeks and we will have a debate about the city-states of Athens and Sparta.
- Focusing on the Amazon River and how different people, species of animals and plants use the Amazon River to survive.
- Looking at the journey of life in various religions and how different religions celebrate different life events.
- How to stay safe online and keep your information secure. We will then begin to focus on coding.
- Studying and being inspired by different artists such as Keith Haring to create our own street art and graffiti style.
We have InHarmony music lessons every Wednesday and Thursday.
We have swimming every Monday.
Nottingham Forest have P.E on Tuesday.
Notts County have P.E on Thursday.
Here are the knowledge organisers for the work we’ll be doing this term: