In Year 3, our history theme is ‘The Great Plague’ and our big question is ‘Why did so many people in Nottingham die from the plague?’ Children will:
- learn about and understand a past situation and enter into past lives
- understand the sequence of events during the plague (chronology)
- read and understand challenging texts
- revisit and consolidate their understanding of the diary and instruction genres.
As part of our history theme, children will have the opportunity to visit the village of Eyam in Derbyshire, which managed to protect its citizens from the plague through clever prevention methods.
In maths, we are working on addition and subtraction, and will be moving on to multiplication and division. Our science topic is ‘Light’. Our English book focus is The Tin Forest by Helen Ward. Our spelling focus will be homophones. In Harmony will be on Wednesdays for both classes.
- PE. will be on Friday. We will also be going swimming on Tuesday
- PE. will be on Monday